Product Release Notes
RELEASED - January 2021
EARLYRETIRE PRO™ 2021
New in this release:
- Updates for Medicare premiums and ACA thresholds: Medicare Part B and D premiums, and parameters for
Affordable Care Act tax credit eligibility and amounts are updated for 2021.
- Provisions for the 2020 SECURE Act have been implemented.
Specifically, IRA contributions are now allowed at any age, Required Minimum
Distributions from retirement plans now start at age 72 for all persons born
after 7/1/1949, and inherited traditional IRAs must be distributed within 10
- New ACA Optimization: A checkbox is added in
the Optimization Settings which tells EarlyRetire to distribute enough
tax-deferred assets to bring your taxable income up to (but just under) the "ACA
Cliff" (the point at which you lose the
Affordable Care Act subsidy). This setting maximizes your use of
tax-deferred assets without losing the ACA subsidy, and can be a favorable
tax-leveling compromise for those eligible for health insurance under the
Affordable Care Act.
- New crash recovery lets you recover your work in the event of
a system crash or other uncontrolled event.
- NOTE: Yahoo! has made changes that are not compatible with EarlyRetire
Pro versions 16 or older. If you have one of these older versions, you
must upgrade to continue using Monte Carlo and Probability features that
require downloaded data.