Product Release Notes
RELEASED - May 2020
EASY ROR PRO 17.0
New in this release:
- Modifed IRR (MIRR) is added as a performance calculation method.
MIRR is used primarily in capital budgeting to identify the profitability of
a potential investment (such as a real estate project) but can also be used
for specialized portfolio analysis. Where standard IRR assumes all cash
flows received from an investment are reinvested at the same rate, MIRR
allows you to set a different reinvestment rate for cash flows received, and
a cost of borrowing rate for funds invested. The report also calculates Net
Present Value (NPV), which is the present value of future revenues minus the
present value of future costs.
- Least Squares ROR can now be reported and added to graphs for
portfolios, composites, and benchmarks. Least Squares ROR is the annualized
rate of return obtained from a least squares regression of RORs calculated
between all balances over the report period. A least squares regression
finds a rate of return that best fits all the data points (RORs) within the
span, rather than simply calculating from the beginning date to the end
date. It varies less between different periods than a rate of return simply
calculated between two endpoints, and thus may be a more reliable indication
of expected performance over time.
- Benchmark Distributions and Dividends can now be viewed, edited, or manually added.
Distributions and dividends are automatically downloaded for all public symbols when available, but now can be manually added as well.
If you use manual Benchmarks, or if an end-of-period distribution is not
yet incorporated in a downloaded Benchmark (e.g., end of year), you can manually add it
to make sure your reported results are accurate.
- Importing Benchmarks from Fundwatch™ files. A new menu selection
quickly imports all securities from any Fundwatch data file and adds them to
your available benchmarks.
- You can optionally exclude the "Composite Selected" message from printed
- Benchmark rate of return reports for multiple periods and multiple benchmarks can be grouped by benchmark or by period.
- Detailed (as well as Summary) reports can now be produced in Wide
- NOTE: Yahoo! has made changes that are not
compatible with Easy ROR Pro versions 14 or older. If you have one of
these older versions, it is necessary that you upgrade in order to continue
to use Benchmarking features that require downloaded data.